Wednesday 4 February 2015

Some thoughts on the Landscape

No new content as yet but I've been thinking about how best to arrange the landscape of Albion.  Now in Fable (and it's other incarnations; TLC and Anniversary) each region is a distinctly separate entity, accessed by town gates and other portals.  However, with the exception of Anniversary, when the heightmaps are viewed, it is possible to tile together a complete Albion.

So my decision is this.  Do I adhere strictly to the heightmaps of the original Fable or do I take a little artistic license and embrace the possibilities of the larger Fable 2-era map.  Bearing in mind of course that I plan to include TLC-era takes on locations that feature in later Fables, such as Brightwall, the expanded Bowerstone and Oakfield.

I've already decided that I will take a modular approach to releasing areas, as I've almost completed Oakvale and Lookout Point/Bowerstone and it's taken me about 2 years to get that far!

No comments:

Post a Comment